Tuesday, October 5, 2010

Bitter? I am. But I got to see Bill Nye.

So much and so little has been done!
Firstly, we were able to visit the Street Festival downtown and see Bill Nye. We didn't stay long, the facilities were not optimal for viewing, especially for two little kids who didn't really understand a word he said. It was just awesome to see him!And my oldest really enjoyed playing musical instruments.As well as doing a little karate-chop action.

We went over to Cory to the Apple Festival, which hasn't changed much besides prices going up and up and up. I bought some clothes for the kids at a yard sale.

Meanwhile, my job search continued as I was told a prospective job was filled by transfer, another was an error in posting, and I realized that there are a lot of subs and not enough openings. More college graduates, more retired teachers becoming subs, and fewer teachers to fill in for.

Thing is, I can fill out all the applications I want, and score a few interviews (I haven't yet), but it still doesn't mean I will get a job.

So that leaves us scrounging for cash. We actually earn enough to pay all the bills in full and on time, but very little extra for food and gas. I don't qualify for unemployment, so we turned to state and federal assistance.

Only, that got very messed up, because the system is severely flawed in which the left hand doesn't know what the right is doing. So we nearly went to a hearing over it, to straighten out their errors.

It's ridiculous that so many college degree holding citizens in this country; factory workers getting 40 hours a week and really good pay, teacher's aides, getting 20 - 30 hours and are still eligible for assistance, still under poverty level, raising their kids to have dreams and unrealistic expectations.

Bitter? I am.

Creative Commons License
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-Noncommercial-No Derivative Works 3.0 United States License.

No comments: