Sunday, May 17, 2009

Okay, This is Beyond Doodling!!



The creative prompt was 'tree'. I don't know where this came from. I dug out my sketchbook and drawing pencils, yes, drawing pencils (!) and tried to get the kids to sit beside me and draw as well.

I originally drew the tree in the middle sans leaves, getting the shape down, then I bypassed adding leaves and went to the fir on the right, adding needles. Then I drew the Birch tree bark close-up, and my left brain said 'winter', and my right brain okay, we don't need leaves anyway, and the footprints in the snow, the smooth horizon line, and the textures came out. Lastly a dim sun peeked out. I guess it's too dim for shadows... The bottom right corner is supposed to be a frozen lake or pond.

What do you think?

6 comments:

g2 (la pianista irlandesa) said...

That's no doodle, my friend. That's awesomeness.

Blusparrow said...

awesome elsha! I love it, winter landscapes are my favorite! along with beach landscapes lol.

Jaye said...

Fabulous! Thanks so much for working along. I love the winter scene! Isn't it great to see how differently everyone interprets the prompt?? My link should be working now. Sorry it didn't work when you went to look yesterday (?)

Unknown said...

I love your trees.....glad to have you joining in on Jaye's prompts!
Linda
http://www.lmpoole.blogspot.com

Quilt Rat said...

Love this doodle/drawing. I am just getting a chance to go see what everyone has been doing. These prompts are great fun

Jaye said...

Thanks for the shout-out on AbstractLatte. Hope you are still doing your doodles!