Monday, May 4, 2009

Anniversary; Blogiversary















Today is my anniversary. Yes that's right, 7 years ago I married my best friend. He's put up with my occasional attitudinal PMS, pregnancy hormones (twice), misunderstandings, and bouts of slap happy humor for 10 years now.

How do we make it work? Communication, compromise, and humor. My mother bought us a card that says "to the couple like no otter" with otters on the front, but the pun is true. It's not everyday you find a couple like us.

We still are best friends. We love to do things together. We still argue or debate, but it never is really serious. We agree on disciplining the children, we share in the chores, we support each other, and most importantly we talk out our concerns, feelings, and problems.

You're thinking, oh just wait, something will come up and you'll have a big fight.

Well, once I made him so mad, he drove off to avoid doing something he'd regret. And there have been moments I've broken down in tears over issues, most often personal. But things always work out. That doesn't matter. What matters is that we connect on an intellectual level.


On another note: It is also my Blogiversary. And I'm happy to report I received a nice surprise gift! I won Violette's contest! (see doodle entry below). I am really kind of humbled, though. This is just too nice!

3 comments:

g2 (la pianista irlandesa) said...

I'd say "happy anniversary" in Spanish, but unfortunately I don't know how, so I'll just say it in English: Happy Anniversary!

Unknown said...

Sorry blogspot ate my comment. Here goes take 2:

Happy Anniversary! Happy Blogiversary! And in Spanish, it's Feliz Aniversario! And I guess Feliz Blogiversario! lol. ;)

Amber said...

happy belated anniversary! i hope when i finally get married, i end up with someone i connect with so well, like you and ur husband seem to. it's great to find someone like that =)