Thursday, September 18, 2008
Fall is Coming!
Top Ten reasons why I LOVE fall!
1. The colors! So crisp, and varied! It's absolutely the prettiest season!
2. The cool air! Summer's heat is blown away, and the pesky bugs with it! The pants come out! No more shaving legs more than once a week! The cooler days mean no more air conditioning! Savings on the electric bill!
3. School is in! I love school supplies! I love the sales on school supplies, and that school brings me work and money. I loved school when I had it (I know I'm crazy!) and still want to go back! I can also send the biggest off to school, not paying for his Daycare, and trust that he is learning more right now than I have time to teach him.
4. Fresh apples! There's something about an apple picked from a tree.. it's sweeter, pure, unbruised, and juicy. Mmmm. Thanks to one of my college roommates for bringing fresh apples into our dorm room and teaching me this truth!
5. Harvest! The pesky corn stalks are mowed over so drivers can finally see around corners! And pumpkins! I love carving awesome pictures into them!
6. The holidays are coming! It is cool enough to clean the house, getting out the totes of Halloween decorations, followed by Thanksgiving. And those holidays mean candy!
7. The fall air always makes me feel like shopping. I plan Christmas lists, dust off old cookie recipes, and start looking at magazine ads for inspiration.
8. New TV shows. I don't get to watch them, but when I do, I usually find some I like, or more episodes of a series I'm a huge fan of!
9. Cool evenings, so I can get out my big wooly blanket and snuggle under it. Thanks Grandma for buying the 'polar bear', as I have named it, so I can be comfy at night!
10. Various festivals around. There's something about going to a flea market, looking for bargains, this year's fads, or nothing in particular and wandering about, people watching. Is it really necessary to carry your dog in a baby bjorn strapped to your chest?
Bonus Reason: Bonfires! I love a good campfire! I love to watch the dancing flames. Campfires demand singing! and marshmallows! They go well with hayrides too, but that is something I haven't been fortunate enough to enjoy recently. :P
Why do you like Fall?