Sunday, June 7, 2015

Summer 2015: 3 Steps to Fun

It is officially summer break here in the States. School is out and my calendar is full. I am trying my best to make the most of this break.

Step 1 is planning.
As I mentioned before, my calendar is full. However, that doesn't mean that we will make every event. Some of the days simply say 'writing day'. Which leads me to part 2 of this step and that is that while I have given myself the gift of writing, I need to plan my next moves. Firstly, I need to give myself a deadline and write to it. Then I need to edit to the next one, and publish to the last one.

Step 2 is breaking.
Summer is still a break, so I need to remember to give myself one! Not every shopping excursion, trip to a water park, or even a hike on a trail is a filled with relaxation. I don't even have my hammock up yet! These breaks are essential for creative thinking. Sometimes I take a break by watching a show and doodling or coloring, yet I still find myself desiring a quiet time.

Step 3 is doing.
Why plan fun stuff with the kids, breaks, or outings if you don't do them? We've already begun our trips to the library for books, and had one successful fun shopping excursion. But there's so much more to do!
library by vladstudio


Creative Commons License
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-Noncommercial-No Derivative Works 3.0 United States License.

No comments: