Tuesday, June 30, 2009

Nostalgia: Flip Over Pets


YAPPY DOG!

I had one of these as a kid. I loved it! When we moved, it mysteriously disappeared. I later told my Mom I had missed it. She found this one for me and gave it to me as a surprise gift. Believe it or not, I was thrilled with the trip down memory lane and my oldest son was a toddler at the time. So I set it up and he was tickled. I almost enjoyed his extreme laughter of pure amusement every time it flipped over more than my own memories.

So my husband, highly amused by my exuberance over the most annoying toy in the universe, and probably worried about my sanity, showed me this comic:

http://wondermark.com/guest-carly/

I think this is how he expected me to react in my adult human form.

The sad thing is I have patience for annoying things like this, and I can tolerate the yapping a lot longer than most adults. So I was still smiling at my son's enjoyment, and my own memories, long after he was pulling out his hair and yelling , "Ok, OK! Shut it OFF! NOW!"

Silly Hubby, flippy dog is for kids!

No comments: