Friday, December 3, 2010

4 Confessions

Confessions from the Island of Misfit Toys

Recently I said that I felt like I belonged on the
Island of Misfit Toys (I'm a misfit). I felt obliged to share with you a few more confessions. I mean, confession is good for the soul, right?

#1 I love shows that make me cry, BUT only when no one is watching.

#2 I sing the car...LOUDLY. See, I used to sing loudly in my own house, back when I had one all to myself. One day I left my stereo up loud and went outside of that house for some errand my mom wanted me to do right now. I realized that I could still hear it quite well outside, and that meant when I thought I was singing to myself, I could still be heard outside. oops. At least there weren't any neighbors. My siblings came over some evenings when the music was up loud. But they know I sing loudly. All that practice made me halfway decent. But since I started living with others; college roommates, hubby, kids, I have not been in practice. I'm not so good now. :)
#3 I want to learn to dance. I had a best friend in middle school who taught me to dance, which was important to not feel AS awkward at the monthly middle school mixers we attended for fun. But I have not updated my moves since then. ..yeah. I want to BE the zumba girl, Confessions 2 and 3 are why I love the show Glee and watching musicals. I also used to dream of producing a stage show at my church with the youth and a selection of my favorite Christian songs.. too creepy? Sorry, I digress.

#4 I can't wear makeup. I never learned how! [Insert list of excuses here.] Thank you Covergirl for your step by step eyeshadow instructions on the box! I have a big ******* event (censored for secrecy) and I need to go practice now. I haven't gone through so much primping since prom! I had help for prom AND my wedding. Both times I felt like I was TOO made up. I can't even look at my prom pictures without shuddering. No offense to my friends, they were just excited to give me a make-over and inexperienced with my skin tone and color. They had to use what was available, as I do not come with my own make-up kit.

So I am off to preen and pluck and slather and brush and create and wash it all off and do it all over again.

Wish me
luck!

Creative Commons License
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-Noncommercial-No Derivative Works 3.0 United States License.
Post a Comment