Monday, December 30, 2013

Fitter Me: Baby Steps

Yesterday I did two 6-minute workouts on the elliptical. I felt the burn in my legs both times. I was proud of myself, though.

Today I decided to stick to my plan of starting a 5 day challenge by Daily Hiit. I adjusted the workout because I am not at the level in the video. I got a free Hiit timer on my cell phone and wrote the routine down on a small paper. These were my only workout companions.

Here's what I did.

50 seconds on, 10 seconds rest

1. Burpees

2. Push-ups with knee touches (cross to elbow) as a rest between push-ups


3. Mountain Climbers as fast as I could go


4. Crab touches (crab position, reach opposite hand to raised leg/toes across body, keep bottom off floor, abs tight)

These are my favorite.

I got through one round. My arms felt like jello and my breath was fast. I am not very good at push ups to begin with. All of Daily Hiit routines are supposed to be 3 rounds. :(
I may take a break for a while and go back and do it again for a second round. Or I may do a dance or yoga on the Wii which sound a lot more fun. :)   Baby Steps.

I got started. For this, I am proud of myself. I don't know how it will work out when I go back to work, but I think this small vacation is a good time to focus and begin.

No comments: