Tuesday, December 24, 2013

Nutrition and Fitness Notes: Get Started DOING

I started a Pinterest board for things I find that are related to Nutrition and Fitness. Now that I am older, I realize that this is a pivotal time in my life where I can let myself go, wallow in self-pity and laziness, or I can work hard now and live a long and healthy life full of doing things.

I'd rather do things.

Taking care of my family, my dreams, all the things I care about, begins with taking care of me.

Now, I have to admit two things. One: I have been spending a lot of time sitting on my butt watching other people get healthy and fit, researching, and watching various videos. This is not the way to take care of myself.
Two: I was getting out this summer and biking, walking the dog, and trying small workouts at home. And I felt better, much better, than I do right now.

I have worked on my diet, trying some new healthy foods, being aware of ingredients, calories, fats, sugars, and monitoring my body and its reaction to the changes.

It is time to make a plan. It is time to set goals. The new year is coming. I have the tools. I am always learning. I can do this.

No comments: