Sunday, January 2, 2011

The Distant Future

Day 2: Where You'd Like to Be in 10 Years

This is hard for me.

Where I'd
like to be?

Well, I could either go all outrageous or all realistic.

In 10 years, my oldest will be turning 18, we'll be planning his
graduation party and his college acceptance letters will be coming in. The youngest will be 13 and a half and contemplating a future without his big brother around so much. They will probably have moved into separate bedrooms.

I hope to have most of the yard
landscaped and the improvement projects done. We'll still be paying on the house.

I hope to have a
book out there, maybe several.
At the very least, I hope to have a
job that contributes to a retirement fund.

I hope we've been on some
family vacations.

I hope to be
comfortable with my weight and activity level.

I hope to be able to look back on my 30s and say
I lived them as best I could. I guess that means checking a few items off my bucket list. If we get to do family vacations, that's easy enough.

Most of all, the next 10 years will be full of
parenting and fighting the battles that go with child rearing; spiritual, emotional, and tactical.

Outrageously, I will have won
multimillion dollars in the lottery, constructed a green-er, self-efficient mansion in the woods with a lake and a barn and a small cabin for camping like the boxcar children and have plans for a pirate-themed waterpark. After we get back from a couple years of cruises, and RV trips across the country, of course. :) I also will have planned a Ficly Convention.

Creative Commons License
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-Noncommercial-No Derivative Works 3.0 United States License.

No comments: