Thursday, April 16, 2015

A to Z - "N" is for New

One of my New Year's Resolutions from last year that I kept for this year was to Try New Things.

How did I do?

Well, let's see.. I tried some new foods, like hummus and red bell peppers and popcorn shrimp.

I tried a new restaurant, which involved more new foods; a hibachi grill.

I started using an elliptical and a punching bag in my workouts; not that I workout nearly as much as I should.

The hubby and I started going to Trivia Night at a local bar with some of his friends. It's the one 'adult' thing we do where we can talk about non-work-related things and feel human and normal. It's also kind of like a date night.


Perhaps I need to up my game.

After searching for 'new things to try', I looked up lists of suggested things. Most of them are things that people wish they had time to do and things I have already done.

  • bake a cake or cookies for someone else
  • make your own greeting cards
  • go hiking
  • go on a picnic
  • roller skate
  • shop at a farmer's market
  • play a board game
  • donate to charity
  • take your camera out for a day
  • attend a food tasting festival
  • start a daily journal
  • plant a garden or a flower bed
But there are a few things I still could do:
  • volunteer at a shelter
  • visit a museum or art gallery (with the boys)
  • visit a new town (i'd take my camera, too)
  • join a community class
  • have a major de-clutter and donate to charity
  • try a new water activity
  • take a road trip
  • try a new look, hair or wardrobe
  • re-read an old favorite book

Perhaps I shall get out my notebook and jot these down.. :)

What other things can you think of that I could try?

Creative Commons License
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-Noncommercial-No Derivative Works 3.0 United States License.

No comments: