Tuesday, April 21, 2015

A to Z - "R" is for Reading

Reading is good.

Reading makes you a better writer. It shows you the possibilities of other worlds and provides great examples of good writing. Reading is studying in the most fun way.

In fact, I was so enamored with the gems in Sisterhood of the Traveling Pants series and the Sloppy Firsts series, that I took notes! It's okay to jot down lines other writers use in your Writer's Notebook to inspire you to greatness. Just no plagiarizing!

What are you currently reading?

I'm working on the Maze Runner series, the Septimus Heap series, and I read to my class The City of Ember a few days a week and my son Harry Potter nearly every night. The last two I have read before, but it always worth a re-read.

I have a stack of books on the shelf to dig into this summer. Most were bought for Christmas. One of the perks of being a teacher is a summer to read. :)


No comments: