Wednesday, April 1, 2015

A to Z - "A" is for Acceptance

Having posted about some issues I have had recently, it's time to address Acceptance.

I had the opportunity to re-read some posts from two years ago. I can see growth. The way I wrote blog posts two years ago is different from now. I used a more casual and immature tone. I'm quite embarrassed and really want to go back and edit. Really.

Then I tried to branch out into some mainstream advice, including research, on nutrition, big deal. I found it all very shallow. Nothing revelatory.

I tried to give out some marriage tips. I'm not very good a that.

I shared my disappointment over my position at work and all the baggage that goes with it. I still don't know how to deal with it all. However, I have to come to terms with it.

And I need a plan.

So far, I have seed ideas. I have to accept them, nurture them, see if anything will grow. Part of getting over this ordeal is to plan a way to deal with it; not hide from it, not run from it, not pretend it doesn't exist, but face it head on. Sometimes that takes a leap of faith.

Faith leads to belief. Even if that belief is finally and only in yourself.

Acceptance

I was down and out
In shadow
Never sun

I argued inside
On Outside
All smiles

I cried in the night
No watchers
Hear me not

I waited inside
Still looking
Watching out

One day I saw it
In brightness
The sunshine

I prepared myself
To Embrace
Good Enough




Creative Commons License
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-Noncommercial-No Derivative Works 3.0 United States License.

3 comments:

Unknown said...

I think the biggest challenge with acceptance, is accepting the fact that we can't control how others feel, feel about us, or act. Once that revelation is made and embraced, things are a bit easier to deal with. That's my goal this year with regards to work. Do the best job I can and do my best to let go of the rest.

Melanie (#957)

Donna L Martin said...

Hi there!
I’m stopping by during the A to Z Challenge. I enjoyed stopping by and hope you get the chance to check out my blog sometime during this month. I’m a children’s book author and I’m reviewing different books. Good luck with the challenge!
Take care,
Donna L Martin
www.donnalmartin.com
author THE STORY CATCHER
coauthor CHICKEN SOUP FOR THE SOUL: ANGELS AMONG

Dr. Theda said...

the Sun and me do Not go well together... (Severe "sun poisoning" ..huge blisters from less than 30 minutes in sunlight without a shirt...)
....and , afraid that we will never think of ourself as "good enough"... we are our own Worst "critic"...