Wednesday, April 1, 2015

A to Z - "A" is for Acceptance

Having posted about some issues I have had recently, it's time to address Acceptance.

I had the opportunity to re-read some posts from two years ago. I can see growth. The way I wrote blog posts two years ago is different from now. I used a more casual and immature tone. I'm quite embarrassed and really want to go back and edit. Really.

Then I tried to branch out into some mainstream advice, including research, on nutrition, big deal. I found it all very shallow. Nothing revelatory.

I tried to give out some marriage tips. I'm not very good a that.

I shared my disappointment over my position at work and all the baggage that goes with it. I still don't know how to deal with it all. However, I have to come to terms with it.

And I need a plan.

So far, I have seed ideas. I have to accept them, nurture them, see if anything will grow. Part of getting over this ordeal is to plan a way to deal with it; not hide from it, not run from it, not pretend it doesn't exist, but face it head on. Sometimes that takes a leap of faith.

Faith leads to belief. Even if that belief is finally and only in yourself.

Acceptance

I was down and out
In shadow
Never sun

I argued inside
On Outside
All smiles

I cried in the night
No watchers
Hear me not

I waited inside
Still looking
Watching out

One day I saw it
In brightness
The sunshine

I prepared myself
To Embrace
Good Enough




Creative Commons License
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-Noncommercial-No Derivative Works 3.0 United States License.
Post a Comment